Doctorate (S3) Overview
The Graduate Program of the Department of Public Policy and Management (DPPM) UGM was established in 2010 as the transformed form of Jurusan Ilmu Administrasi Negara (JIAN) UGM. This study program focuses on public policy and management, especially in relation to institutional dimensions, processes, and values in responding to public affairs and public interests.
Vision of the Doctoral Program (S3) of DPPM
“To be the leading doctorate program in Indonesia and to be globally recognized in the field of public policy and management by the year 2032.”
Mission of the Doctoral Program (S3) of DPPM
To achieve the vision stated above, the Doctoral Program (S3) of DPPM states the following Missions:
- Encourage students to become innovative figures in the field of public policy and management and to uphold academic ethics, honesty, and freedom.
- Produce innovative research in public policy and management that meets the demands of academic development and the public.
- Commit to community services relevant to the needs of the people and the state.
Objectives of the Doctoral Program (S3) of DPPM
- To equip graduates with sensitivity and proficiency in response to the dynamics of science, especially the field of public policy and management and technology who are able to compete locally and globally.
- To equip graduates with ability to apply principles of management and instruments of public policy to solve public issues.
- To produce high quality research in public policy and management that can be leveraged by academics, practitioners, and decision-making actors within the framework of community services.
In achieving its vision and missions, the Graduate Program of DPPM UGM has made several international partnership activities. These partners include the universities in Thailand, the Philippines, Germany, Korea, Malaysia, and Australia. These partnerships include co-authorships for journal articles, the e-lecture program with Korea Foundation, and guest visits for lectures and seminars. Furthermore, in the near future, the study program will build cooperation with leading universities worldwide to offer double-degree programs.