Undergraduate Program Admission
There are two methods of the enrollment mechanisms in UGM. First is direct invitation
to the selected student in high schools and second is the written test.
1. Invitation Mechanism
- Invitation mechanism is national selection mechanism based on academic achievement filtering without written or skill test
- Invitation mechanism does not include interest and talent investigation mechanism
- School that has the right to participate in invitation mechanism is school invited by SNMPTN committee. The list of invited school can be seen in official website of SNMPTN invitation mechanism (http://undangan.snmptn.ac.id)
- For school that has not been invited yet, its headmaster can submit official request to the Head of SNMPTN Committee by enclosing school profile
- Student who can participate in selection is student listed by her/his headmaster
School that can list its students is state or private high school that has A, B, and C
accreditation from BAN-SM and/or listed in SNMPTN database.
Applicant Student Stipulation
- High school students in final year who will face national test (UN)
- Having high academic achievement consistently based on the rank made by headmaster, that is the students who occupy best school rank in third, fourth, and fifth semester. This requirement is specified further based on school accreditation as follows:
A accreditation: best 50 percent consistently in 3rd, 4th, and 5th semester
B accreditation: best 30 percent consistently in 3rd, 4th, and 5th semester
C accreditation: best 15 percent consistently in 3rd, 4th, and 5th semester
Other: best 5 percent consistently in 3rd, 4th, and 5th semester
- Get a recommendation from the headmaster
2. Written Exam Mechanism
Written mechanism is the national enrollment held by Indonesian State University Chancellor Assembly that takes place where the state university is located. The aim of this mechanism is to select new student who has an academic ability to follow and finish education in university according to the stipulated term. If a student is accepted, additional requirement such as TOEFL-LIKE test is required to assess the English proficiency of the student.