The 2018 Asian Association for Public Administration (AAPA) Annual Conference was officially held for 2 days, 22-23 March 2018 at the Convention Hall Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The conference was supported by sponsors and contributors from all over background. There was considerable support from Bank National Indonesia (BNI) as the main sponsor that also following by other sponsors such as Semen Indonesia, Learning Center, Badan Penerbit dan Publikasi Universitas Gadjah Mada, Morowali Regency, Palangkaraya Regency, and Bank Mandiri. Over more than 255 people registered ( 153 from Indonesia) and over 200 delegates attended the meeting.
In this year conference, the theme of the 2018 Annual Conference of AAPA was “Reinventing Public Administration in a Globalized World: A Non-Western Perspective.” The conference focuses on various issues:
- Developing Theories of Non-Western Public Administrations;
- Exploring New Research Methods for Public Administration: beyond positivism;
- Culture (Ethics, Religion) and Public Administration;
- Strengthening Local Administration and Decentralization;
- Local Knowledge, Innovation and Public Policy; and
- Social Architecture, Digital Governance and Human Values.
The Opening Ceremony was attended by Minister of Research, Technology and Higher Education, Indonesia; Prof.H. Mohamad Nasir, PhD., Ak., President of AAPA; Professor Pan Suk Kim as AAPA President along with other BOD members; President of Indonesian Association for Public Administration (IAPA); Prof Dr Eko Prasojo; Deputy Director of Civil service Department, the republic of Kazakhstan, Aigerim Amirova; and Rector of Universitas Gadjah Mada, Prof.Ir. Panut Mulyono.